Features and Benefits
The ARRIS AgileMax® is an exciting breakthrough in RF-over-Glass (RFoG) FTTH network technology. Replacing the optical splitters commonly found in traditional RFoG architectures, AgileMax optical distribution technology allows operators to completely eliminate Optical Beat Interference (OBI) from their networks—even in networks with multiple, active upstream lasers. By eliminating OBI, operators can significantly expand their networks’ upstream and downstream capacity and data speed without changing back-office infrastructure. AgileMax deployments overcome the cost, scalability, and capacity restrictions that limit RFoG performance, while greatly reducing operational complexity in these networks.
- Eliminates Optical Beat Interference (OBI) from RFoG networks, allowing operators to deploy high capacity, FTTH networks that leverage the DOCSIS infrastructure
- Enables DOCSIS 3.0 upstream network capacity
- Expands network reach and adds capability for higher split ratios in the optical network
- Compatible with 1G and 10G EPON wavelengths, future proofing networks for future PON migrations
- Compatible with standards-based 1550/1610 nm RFoG deployments, integrating seamlessly with existing headend and customer premise equipment