Features and Benefits
The 10G EPON Fiber Module (EPFM) line card brings 10Gbps symmetrical EPON functionality to the E6000 Converged Edge Router (CER) platform. The EPFM equipped with EPON optics modules, and the E6000 CER configured with second generation RSM-2 cards, enables the E6000 CER to operate as an access Optical Line Terminal (OLT) supporting delivery of residential and business services over a Fiber to the Premises (FTTP) Access architecture.
The 10G EPFM can also be equipped with DWDM optics modules for connection to node or premises (e.g. MDUs) located PON extenders (e.g., ARRIS Fiber Link Module (FLM)) to increase reach to subscriber locations up to 100Km, and to avoid the need to overbuild existing hub to node trunk fibers by carrying multiple 10G EPON wavelengths over a single fiber. Further, with the ARRIS DPoE V2.0 compliant DOCSIS Control Interface integrated in the 10G EPFM, operators can leverage existing DOCSIS back office systems to seamlessly evolve their access networks to FTTH service delivery.
The RSM-2 with its high-capacity architecture, comprehensive suite of switching and routing protocols and integrated CCAP platform functions, along with the EPFM creates a fully integrated DPoE system, allowing operators to utilize their current DOCSIS provisioning and service models to deploy high speed triple play services with 10G EPON. Thus, the 10G EPFM enables service providers to offer PON applications as a feature of the E6000 CER platform as seamlessly as the standard CCAP services they offer now. The EPFM operates as a standard 10G EPON access network interface module for delivery of services from the E6000 CER to the customer premise 10G EPON Optical Network Units (ONUs), providing fiber network connectivity from the hub or head-end located E6000 CER all the way to the customer premises.
- Supports (16) 10G-EPON optics modules (XFPs) for direct IEEE 802.3-2012 compliant EPON connections to ONUs
- Supports (16) 10G-DWDM Ethernet optics modules (XFPs) for connection to PON Extenders for increased reach and Fiber Conservation
- Supports 10G/10G symmetrical and 10G/1G, and 2G (Turbo)/1G asymmetrical EPON operation
- Compatible with E6000 CER second generation RSM (RSM-2)
- Non-Blocking architecture between the 10G EPFM and E6000 RSM-2
- DPoE V2.0 compliant to leverage operators existing DOCSIS back office systems and service provisioning methods
- Fully leverages existing E6000 CER features
- Interfaces with PON Physical Interface Card (PPIC) for Cable Once architecture
- Compliant with industry environmental and regulatory requirements