Features and Benefits
ARRIS Erbium‐Doped Fiber Amplifier (EDFA) modules for the ARRIS CHP Headend Optics Platform are designed to increase signal transmission distance, making them ideal optical amplification solutions for long links, redundant rings, blast and split, and other applications. Fully scalable, EDFAs are also excellent choices for operators who need to consolidate hubs.
Operators can use the CHP EDFA series with CHP CORWave® II and CORWave® 3 multiwavelength 1550 nm transmitters and CHP GMOD high power 1550 nm broadcast transmitters to realize installation flexibility, achieve low noise figures for high quality amplification over long distances, and activate integrated element management capability within their networks.
- Convenient, cost‐effective solution for high quality signal transmission, suitable for supertrunking, blast and split, redundant rings, high power distribution architectures, RFoG, and video overlay in all fiber networks
- High Gain with Low Noise
- High isolation from input to output ports
- Available with a range of output powers with 1, 2, 4, or 8 ports and a constant power feature
- CHP EDFA modules are available in the following modes:
- CHP‐EDFA‐CG – Constant Gain mode for single wavelength applications, which allows the EDFA to amplify the optical input by a fixed amount regardless of optical input power
- CHP‐EDFA – Constant power mode for single wavelength applications, which allows the EDFA to provide consistent optical output power regardless of optical input power levels
- CHP‐EDFA‐PG – High input constant gain/constant power mode for multiple wavelength applications
- Local or remote monitoring and configuration control using CORView™ or SNMP with HMS compliant element management systems